NYA MAXEEN C.
Manila, Philippines, 1600
Joined on January, 2018
Weekdays at any time
Up to 10 minutes away for no additional charge
Up to 30 minutes away for a flat fee
Up to 30 minutes away for a flat fee
Educationo Topnotcher (Rank #10), Philippine Licensure Examination for Teachers, September 2013 with a rating of 88.20
o Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education Major in Special Education, University of the East - Manila
-Consistent Dean’s Lister, SY 2009-2013
o University President Scholar, (GWA= 1.18) 2nd Semester SY 2011-2012
o University Scholar, SY 2011-2013
o College Scholar, SY 2009-2011
Experience* Private Tutor 2013- present, for regular students and students with special needs
- Plans, develops and implements individualized learning plans for each student
- Uses a variety of strategies and approaches to make learning fun
- Prepares materials that are tailor-made for the needs and goals of the child
- Monitors and maintains records of student’s performance and assessment results
- Prepares lessons according to student’s needs and goals
- Communicates student’s progress to parents or teachers in written reports, in person, by phone or by email
- Feeding sessions for a child with food aversion disorder
- Ensures the safety of each child
- Experience in academic and self - help teaching, one - on -one tutoring, behavior management, record - keeping, and handling a child with mild Cerebral Palsy and Mental Retardation and child with Global Developmental Delay, Food Aversion Disorder and Seizure Disorder.
* Preschool ESL Teacher June - November 2017, Kobato Kindergarten, Saitama, Japan
- Acted as Western culture liaison for the sports festival, cultural festivals (School exercises) and excursions etc.arranged by school and/or company
- Used a variety of teaching strategies and assessment in teaching Kindergarten Japanese students
- Trained the Japanese assistant assigned by the company
- Assisted students who want to challenge themselves to the Eiken Jr and Eiken exams and get over issues in relation to the exams
- Planned and implemented lessons with differentiation
- Actively joined ESL workshops in Japan
* IB PYP Nursery Homeroom Teacher 2014-2017, Domuschola International School Philippines, a certified IB World School offering the Primary Years Program (PYP)
- Have a deep awareness and understanding of prerequisite learning and an extensive knowledge and understanding of relationships among topics and concepts. I am capable of IB curriculum development.
- Collaborated with the coordinator and teachers in planning for the engagements and the alignment with the goal of the unit
- Extended student’s learning experiences effectively beyond the available resources in the school and seeks out such resources and learning environment.
- Delivered the lesson to the students in an inquiry-based and concept-based learning
- Used a variety of teaching styles, strategies for classroom management, and differentiated instruction and assessment to meet the needs of each student
- Devoted extra time to students who may be struggling academically or who may need further challenging
- Monitored student understanding continuously and made use of different strategies to elicit information about individual student understanding. Thus, recorded and reported student's bi-monthly progress
- Communicated effectively with parents information relating to their child’s performance and curricular and co-curricular matters through school systems/processes as appropriate
- Reflected the past experiences and student’s needs and abilities in order to improve and develop the effectiveness of the lessons
- Participated actively in assisting other educators and looks for ways to contribute to the profession; actively participated in organizations designed to contribute to the profession
- Served actively in students’ needs, working to ensure that all students receive a fair opportunity to succeed
- Adapted lessons to meet the needs of the student/s. Planned, organized, and assigned activities that are designed specifically to each student’s abilities.
*Co-Teacher in Kinder 2014, Teacher Mentoring Program in Domuschola International School Philippines (January - July 2014)
- Experienced to be the Homeroom Teacher in Units of Inquiry and in Mathematics during the last term of school year 2013-2014
- Experience in Classroom Management techniques and strategies and coaching strategies
- Experience in classroom management and in handling students, especially the misbehaving students,in teaching individuals, small group and whole group of students inside and outside the classroom, preparing lessons and resources, using differentiated instruction and assessment, and using educational technology in the classroom
- Assisted students during stations or one-on-one instruction for a student
- Collaborated with teachers in the same level to define and create appropriate lessons and activities for the students in connection to the curriculum.
*Practicum 2012 – 2013, Alternative Learning Resource School (ALRES) Philippines (December 2012 – February 2013)
- Handled mild to severely disabled students
- Took on the role of the Special Education Teacher in teaching and in handling behaviors
- Assessed students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans, differentiated instruction and evaluation, and apply appropriate behavior management strategies
- Developed Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) and reflections
HobbiesDog-lover, animal-lover, kid at heart, loves to travel, loves to eat, plays badminton and volleyball, likes Community work and Volunteer Work, loves to
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.